The crispy sage and toasted hazelnuts add a nice crunch to this fall appetizer/side dish. I finished it with a bourbon glaze, but it’s good on its own, too.
3 yams/sweet potatoes
6-8 sage leaves
1/8 c chopped hazelnuts
kosher salt and ground pepper
bourbon glaze (see recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Peel yams and slice into strips.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss yams with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and sage leaves. (Don’t add the hazelnuts yet or they might burn).
4. Roast for about 20-25 min, until almost tender.
5. Add hazelnuts and cook another 5 min or so until they brown a bit.
6. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with bourbon glaze.